About Me

My photo
Jacqueline Harvey has combined a successful career in education with her love of a good story. She is the author of 14 novels for younger readers and a picture book, THE SOUND OF THE SEA, which was awarded Honour Book in the 2006 Children’s Book Council Awards. Her bestselling Alice-Miranda series centres on the life of Alice-Miranda Highton-Smith-Kennington-Jones, a perpetually positive and determined seven year old who takes herself off to boarding school because it appeals to her sense of adventure. The first book in the series, Alice-Miranda At School was released in Australia in February 2010 with Alice-Miranda On Holiday, Alice-Miranda Takes the Lead, Alice-Miranda At Sea, Alice-Miranda In New York, Alice-Miranda Shows the Way and Alice-Miranda In Paris following at six month intervals. Jacqueline is currently contracted to write 12 Alice-Miranda books. She has a new series for younger readers (5-9 year olds) which launched in Australia in September 2012. Jacqueline is contracted to write eight Clementine-Rose books with Random House Australia. For more information go to www.jacquelineharvey.com.au

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Great days in the UK and SIngapore and lots coming up at home too!

Dear Friends,

I hope you're all well and enjoying school at the moment.  I've been very busy visiting schools all over England and some in Scotland too, making new friends and now I've arrived in Singapore.  We've gone from really cold days, around one or two degrees and several days of snow to sunny and humid Singapore where it's usually about 32 degrees each day.  While in the UK I visited schools in Surrey, London, Southhampton, Preston and surrounding villages, villages near Glasgow, Newcastle, Rickmansworth, Windsor and Edinburgh.  I have loved every minute.  There are so many terrific children in the world and excellent teachers.  My best grown up friend, Jacqueline Harvey loves being able to visit schools and see how things happen from place to place.  She's completely in her element!  I've got lots of photos to share from different schools.  There is also a picture of two very special little girls called Lily and Emma and their mother Christine.  They have enjoyed my stories for a while now and when we realised that we were going to be close by to where they live, the girls and their mum and dad came to meet us at our hotel.  It was wonderful to meet them in person.  Hope you enjoy the photos!











I also got to see some sights in London too.  Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Harrods (I had to see if it was as lovely as Highton's and I think it is), Buckingham Palace and the Queen Victoria monument were all on my list of place to go.






Now I'm in Singapore and spent three days last week meeting the lovely students at Avondale Grammar School.  I'm not sure what I did to upset the boys down below (I think maybe I left the door open) but we made up afterwards.  This coming week I'm looking forward to making lots of new friends here in Singapore as we travel around to five more schools.  I thought you might like to see some more of the photos.



When I get home to Australia I'm really excited about the launch of Alice-Miranda In Paris, where we'll be having lots of yummy food, fashion and fun on Saturday 16 March.  There is an invitation below.  I hope you can come along.

Lots of love.
Alice-Miranda xxx

 
PS If you live in Melbourne, I'm heading your way on the week of the 18th March.  There are some library events, so stay tuned for more details.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Can't wait to go to the AM in Paris Launch, Dot provided me a free ticket and I will be sure to spread the word or my blog. :D

    - Sunny @ www.asupersunnyspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete